Texas Department of Public Safety Links
Handgun Licensing Section
- Website: https://www.dps.texas.gov/.
- Contact via email: https://www.dps.texas.gov/rsd/contact/ltc.aspx.
- Snail mail:
Texas Department of Public Safety
Handgun Licensing – MSC 0245
P.O. Box 4087
Austin, Texas 78773-0001
- Telephone: (512) 424-7293.
- The 2015-2016 Law Book is available at http://www.dps.texas.gov/InternetForms/Forms/LTC-16.pdf.
Firearm Use & Self-Defense Links
- Guide to Basic Gun Safety by Alarms.org
- Gun Goals. A Blog for Gun Enthusiasts covering different topics based on shooting and gun safety.
- Cornered Cat: As in “Fight like a…” Particularly for women, but good for men too. Start with Dying of Embarrassment. Blog.
- Massad Ayoob, Wrote the book on self-protection.
- AWARE (Arming Women Against Rape and Endangerment). They offer a short Self-Protection Quiz and a Stalking Quiz.
- A Human Right. The Second Amendment through the camera of someone who grew up in Russia. Blog.
- Are you ready to carry a concealed handgun in Texas? Take Larry Arnold’s CHL Quiz.
- 17 Reasons To Own a Gun and Holster in 2017. If you are on the fence about whether you should own a gun and a holster, here are 17 reasons why you should.
- GunBacker.com. Firearms Opinions, Gear Reviews & Safety Tips For Responsible Gun Owners.
- Airsoft Tactics. Airsoft isn’t just some mindless game…if you’re seeking consistent victory, tactics is required. Suggested by Daniel.
- Gun Holster Articles. by Gunner’s Alley.
- Minute Man Reviews. Provides details and information about firearms, ammo, weapons, and gear facts reviews.
- How to Use a Tactical Pen: for Self Defense. Tactical pens can be life savers and very effective self defense tools. However, because of their small size, it is important to know how to use them effectively.
- TSRA-PAC: Texas news and email alerts. Sign up.
- Texas Concealed Handgun Association: License to Carry resources for Texas. Sign up to become a member.
- NRA-ILA: National news and email alerts. Sign up.
- Keep and Bear Arms.com: Daily updates with links.
- Texas3006.com: What locations are posting anti-LTC 30.06/30.07 signs? Where can you report a 30.06/30.07 sign you’ve noticed?
- CountyOffice.org: Your quick reference guide for accurate, up-to-date information about all government offices, including state offices, and public records sources in your local area.
- Concealed Carry Statistics: The definitive checklist for all the concealed carry statistics
- A Self-Defense Guide for Senior Citizens by Ammo.com.
- A Woman’s Self-Defense Guide to Concealed Carry (CCW) by Ammo.com.
- How to Buy a Holster for Your Application, a comprehensive guide. Suggested by Laura.
- Texas Gun Laws by Guns to Carry.com
- Gun Holsters: The Definitive Guide by Guns to Carry.com
- 2nd Amendment Learning Guide by Joslyn Law Firm
- Federal legislation: https://www.congress.gov/.
- Texas State Legislation: http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/.
- The Government Printing Office website at http://www.access.gpo.gov/su_docs/aces/aaces002.html provides access to federal agency regulations and other publications.
- How do your legislators vote? Visit Project Vote Smart.
- Legal Match: All about the legal right to bear arms
Finding Your Representatives
- Navigating the Election Process for Students and First Time Voters – https://www.
accreditedschoolsonline.org/ resources/students-and-first- time-voters/
- College Voting Prep Guide – https://www.
affordablecollegesonline.org/ college-resource-center/ student-voting-guide/
- Car Crash Checklist and Resources for Teens – https://www.sutliffstout.com/car-crash-tips-for-teens/
- Hotspots Map of Accidents Near Houston Area Schools – https://www.sutliffstout.com/houston-accidents-schools-map/
Portfolio of educational and career advancement websites which offer free resources for students and professionals in all 50 U.S. states.
- Sunshine Behavioral Health (Texas) – https://www.sunshinebehavioralhealth.com/texas-rehab-centers
- Night Vision Technology and Its Applications
To Add A Link
Please send an email to email@example.com, which includes the link’s URL, as well as what category it falls under: Self-Defense, Current Events, Special Interests, Legislation or Organizations. Please note that TCHA’s “Links to Other Sites” is to informational web pages only.