Texas Department of Public Safety Links
Handgun Licensing Section
- Website: https://www.dps.texas.gov/.
- Contact via email: https://www.dps.texas.gov/rsd/contact/ltc.aspx.
- Snail mail:
Texas Department of Public Safety
Handgun Licensing – MSC 0245
P.O. Box 4087
Austin, Texas 78773-0001
- Telephone: (512) 424-7293.
- The 2017-2018 Law Book is available at http://www.dps.texas.gov/InternetForms/Forms/LTC-16.pdf.
Firearm Use & Self-Defense Links
- Guide to Basic Gun Safety by Alarms.org
- Gun Goals. A Blog for Gun Enthusiasts covering different topics based on shooting and gun safety.
- Cornered Cat: As in “Fight like a…” Particularly for women, but good for men too. Start with Dying of Embarrassment. Blog.
- Massad Ayoob, Wrote the book on self-protection.
- AWARE (Arming Women Against Rape and Endangerment). They offer a short Self-Protection Quiz and a Stalking Quiz.
- A Human Right. The Second Amendment through the camera of someone who grew up in Russia. Blog.
- Are you ready to carry a concealed handgun in Texas? Take Larry Arnold’s CHL Quiz.
- 17 Reasons To Own a Gun and Holster in 2017. If you are on the fence about whether you should own a gun and a holster, here are 17 reasons why you should.
- GunBacker.com. Firearms Opinions, Gear Reviews & Safety Tips For Responsible Gun Owners.
- Airsoft Tactics. Airsoft isn’t just some mindless game…if you’re seeking consistent victory, tactics is required. Suggested by Daniel.
- Gun Holster Articles. by Gunner’s Alley.
- Minute Man Reviews. Provides details and information about firearms, ammo, weapons, and gear facts reviews.
- How to Use a Tactical Pen: for Self Defense. Tactical pens can be life savers and very effective self defense tools. However, because of their small size, it is important to know how to use them effectively.
- Tactical Hyve. A new, modern firearms and tactical training website that provides people with vetted connections to our nation’s elite tactical experts to ensure they get the highest quality training and results.
- A Self-Defense Guide for Senior Citizens by Ammo.com.
- A Woman’s Self-Defense Guide to Concealed Carry (CCW) by Ammo.com.
- How to Buy a Holster for Your Application, a comprehensive guide. Suggested by Laura.
- Texas Gun Laws by Guns to Carry.com
- Gun Holsters: The Definitive Guide by Guns to Carry.com
- 2nd Amendment Learning Guide by Joslyn Law Firm
- America’s Killer New Drug: A 2019 Guide to Fentanyl by Laguna Shores Recovery
- Gun Laws By State by Sportman’s Warehouse. Sportsman’s Warehouse maintains a comprehensive guide to firearm policies at all levels of government.
- Small Business Grants available to Female Entrepreneurs by AABRS. Information on small business grants available for women.
- THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO GUN SAFETY by AT3 Tactical
- Beginner Firearm Safety, From Safe Storage to Safe Shooting by Sniper Country
Special Interest Links
- A Girl and a Gun Shooting League
- Project Appleseed, Classic riflery instruction plus Revolutionary War history
- Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership (JPFO)
- Pink Pistols
- Knife Rights
- Students for Concealed Carry (SCCC)
- Texas State Rifle Association Texas news and email alerts. Sign up.
- National Rifle Association Political action, training, range development, and more.
- Second Amendment Foundation Another excellent pro-gun organization.
A lot of the information on the internet is old, half-true, or downright wrong. Here are some sites and newsletters that are current and trustworthy.
- TSRA-PAC: Texas news and email alerts. Sign up.
- Texas Concealed Handgun Association: License to Carry resources for Texas. Sign up to become a member.
- NRA-ILA: National news and email alerts. Sign up.
- Keep and Bear Arms.com: Daily updates with links.
- Texas3006.com: What locations are posting anti-LTC 30.06/30.07 signs? Where can you report a 30.06/30.07 sign you’ve noticed?
- CountyOffice.org: Your quick reference guide for accurate, up-to-date information about all government offices, including state offices, and public records sources in your local area.
- Concealed Carry Statistics: The definitive checklist for all the concealed carry statistics
- Federal legislation: https://www.congress.gov/.
- Texas State Legislation: http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/.
- The Government Printing Office website at http://www.access.gpo.gov/su_docs/aces/aaces002.html provides access to federal agency regulations and other publications.
- How do your legislators vote? Visit Project Vote Smart.
- Legal Match: All about the legal right to bear arms
Finding Your Representatives
- Find Texas Senators at http://www.senate.state.tx.us/.
- Find Texas Representatives at http://www.house.state.tx.us/.
- Assisted Living in Texas by AssistedLiving.org
- Assisted Living in Texas – Senior Care and Assisted Living Guide by Caring.com
- Car Crash Checklist and Resources for Teens – https://www.sutliffstout.com/car-crash-tips-for-teens/
- Hotspots Map of Accidents Near Houston Area Schools – https://www.sutliffstout.com/houston-accidents-schools-map/
Portfolio of educational and career advancement websites which offer free resources for students and professionals in all 50 U.S. states.
- Sunshine Behavioral Health (Texas) – https://www.sunshinebehavioralhealth.com/texas-rehab-centers
- Night Vision Technology and Its Applications
- Homeland Security Degree Suite – BestColleges.com has developed open-use guides to homeland security, prepared with fundamental sections on curriculum organization, career specializations, and scholarships.
- Career Fundamentals – https://www.bestcolleges.
- Bachelor’s Program Overview – https://www.bestcolleges.
- Master’s Program Overview – https://www.
bestcolleges.com/features/ masters-homeland-security- programs/
- Career Fundamentals – https://www.bestcolleges.
- About Postpartum Depression by Maryville University
- Registering to Vote – https://www.lawinfo.com/resources/civil-rights/right-to-vote/
- U.S. Election Law and Process – https://www.findlaw.com/voting/how-u-s–elections-work.html
- Navigating the Election Process for Students and First Time Voters – https://www.
accreditedschoolsonline.org/ resources/students-and-first- time-voters/
- College Voting Prep Guide – https://www.
affordablecollegesonline.org/ college-resource-center/ student-voting-guide/
To Add A Link
Please send an email to email@example.com, which includes the link’s URL, as well as what category it falls under: Self-Defense, Current Events, Special Interests, Legislation or Organizations. Please note that TxHGA’s “Links to Other Sites” is to informational web pages only.
We do have another webpage, https://txhga.org/